[nSLUG] The H closes

syorke at gmail.com syorke at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:37:18 ADT 2013

I haven’t heard of either H or Heise…

-S

From: Jack Warkentin
Sent: ‎Saturday‎, ‎July‎ ‎20‎, ‎2013 ‎10‎:‎34‎ ‎AM
To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group

Hi Daniel

I also had never heard of the H before, although I did know about Heise
online. I checked out their retrospective on their 10 best articles, and
thought the nSLUG community might be especially interested in this quote
from Linus Torvalds at
http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Interview-Linus-Torvalds-I-don-t-read-code-any-more-1748462.html?page=4

"I really enjoyed doing Git, it was so much fun. When I started the
whole design, started doing programming in user space, which I had not
done for 15 years, it was like, wow, this is so easy. I don't need to
worry about all these things, I have infinite stack, malloc just works.
But in the kernel space, you have to worry about locking, you have to
worry about security, you have to worry about the hardware. Doing Git,
that was such a relief. But it got boring."

Regards

Jack

Jack Warkentin, phone 902-404-0457, email jwark at bellaliant.net