[nSLUG] The H closes

Daniel AJ Sokolov daniel at falco.ca
Sat Jul 20 00:02:11 ADT 2013

On 2013-07-19 23:49 wrote Gerald Ruderman:
> Daniel,
>
> I'm sorry that is happening, I will miss it. What happens to the German
> language version?

Heise.de keeps rocking! :-)

The German version has way more readers than The H. And we cover a much
wider range of topics.

The H faces the problem that they never reached the number of readers
they deserved. I had very little interaction with The H, so I don't know
any internals. I don't know what they did or did not try to gain a wider
audience.

The most recent (and thus last) article of mine that they translated for
The H was this one:

Google I/O: How to build battery-efficient apps
http://www.h-online.com/developer/news/item/Google-I-O-How-to-build-battery-efficient-apps-1866659.html

Although I thought it was a very interesting topic, it didn't yield a
single comment. Compare with the German version's 43 comments.

Comments mean page-views, which is a necessity for ad revenue.

BR
Daniel AJ

--
Follow me on twitter @newstik http://twitter.com/newstik