[nSLUG] irc

Douglas Guptill dguptill at accesswave.ca
Wed Jul 17 15:33:33 ADT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 02:30:38PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On 07/17/2013 02:14 PM, Stephen Gregory wrote:
> > Ben should have said what his favourite irc client is. I am pretty
> > certain that he likes the old-skool text mode client: irssi. (my
> > favourite too.)
>
> Exactly. That's what I use.
>
> > A good gui client is xchat. I would use xchat over pidgin for IRC.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I have fired up both xchat and irssi.

Will settle on irssi for the present.  Once I figured out that it
ignores you unless you type a '/', we have been getting along quite
well.

Now I'm into /usr/share/doc/irssi and http://www.oftc.net/

Is it normal to hide one's identity (name) on irc?

Douglas.
--
Bold character derived from stubborn patience and adversity.