[nSLUG] Encouraging participation and reaching out into the community

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Jul 17 14:28:39 ADT 2013

On 07/17/2013 02:04 PM, Stephen Gregory wrote:
> Is it possible to have a bot autopost the @nslug twitter account posts
> to the list as well?

That could get annoying. I assume you mean batching up the posts and
periodically posting them. But then, with what periodicity? Due to the
interactive nature of twitter, by the time a day has passed, earlier
tweets may have lost some relevance, and the longer you take between
batches, the less relevant they become.

> If anything of interest does pop up, it is not hard for anyone without a
> twitter account to go to the @nslug twitter page to see the whole tread.

Yes. That's more practical. Perhaps the non-twitter-users weren't aware
they could do that? Just visit http://nslug.ns.ca/NSLUG from time to
time. I think that's preferable to automatically spamming the list with
reposts of tweets.

Ben