[nSLUG] Monday, July 8, Gathering at Uncommon Grounds

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 8 10:22:56 ADT 2013

On Sun, 2013-07-07 at 17:23 -0300, Mike Spencer wrote:
> Ben wrote:
>
> > Too hot to think. So just this quick reminder about the meeting
> > tomorrow:
>
> Pushed me right over the edge, that did.  I was planning to attend but
> I can't bear to leave the hot but breezy garden to drive 75 to where
> it's too hot to think.
>
> There were a mother and father ruffed grouse in the garden this
> morning, accompanied by 5 cute little ones just barely old enough to
> fly, with furious and poorly coordinated effort, up into a tree when
> humans were spotted.  Last night a beautifully ornamented orb weaver
> had spun a 10-foot wide web across our lane and was busy eating small
> bugs.  Broccoli plants need weeding.  City just doesn't trump all
> that. :-)

You certainly make a good case for country life, Mike.  On the other
hand, don't forget, this is Nova Scotia.  If you don't like the weather,
just wait a while.  The weather in my living room in Dartmouth right now
is 25 degrees -left over from last night.  The temperature outside my
front window, about fifteen feet away from that indoor thermometer, is
just over twenty degrees, and it looks like rain any minute.  We can't
compete with your wild life (we do have a different variety here!) but
there is a flock of ducks in the lake just across the street.
Hope to see you when you can make it.
Frank