[nSLUG] Installation problems, Fedora 18

Vlado Keselj vlado at cs.dal.ca
Tue Jul 2 22:32:33 ADT 2013

Thank you all for suggestions.  They were helpful.  At the end, I burned
two DVDs: Fedora 19 and Fedora 19 Live.  They have just became available
today (from the http://mirror.its.dal.ca as well).  The screen (and sound)
work fine, but the integrated Ethernet is still not recognized.  This is
likely a new motherboard and maybe the kernel did not catch up yet.
I have decided to use Belkin USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter, bought at BestBuy,
plugged it into a USB, and the network is successfully recognized.  I will
go with it until the next installation, or until I get a kernel update
which recognizes the built-in Ethernet.

BTW: I would like to come to one of the meetings, but somehow the time
never works for me.  (I actually tried once but ended up in a wrong coffee
house *-). )

Cheers,
Vlado