[nSLUG] Installation problems, Fedora 18

Jack Warkentin jwark at bellaliant.net
Tue Jul 2 15:33:47 ADT 2013

Hi Vlado

Several others have had some good suggestions. Frank mentioned live CD's
and Ed provided a source for Linux hardware compatibility. I would like
to add one other possibility.

It takes a while for Linux kernels and Linux distributions to include
drivers for very new hardware, especially with their installation
kernel. (I had that problem several years ago - the installation kernel
did not support all of the hardware, but the kernel that was installed
during the installation did.) Since your hardware is very new, this
might be the source of your problem. Ed's idea about using the latest
possible version of Knoppix might get around such a problem. If that
doesn't work, try the latest live CD's of various other distributions.

Regards

Jack