[nSLUG] Installation problems, Fedora 18

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Tue Jul 2 11:24:21 ADT 2013

On 02/07/2013 10:58 AM, Vlado Keselj wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Good idea!  Thank you.  I will will try some more Live installations.
> Fedora 19 is out today, I will probably start with it.  I wish there was a
> web page with different hardware configurations and distributions that
> people managed to install on them.
>
> Regards,
> Vlado

This is a meta-list of Linux Hardware Compatibility lists:

http://www.linux-drivers.org/

They might not all be still current but there is still a lot of
information there.

Also, Knoppix v7.2.0 was released a few days ago.  Knoppix is one of the
better live distributions; I've had much success using it to identify
working software for various hardware.  IE: boot Knoppix, see what makes
the new web cam work, load that into my preferred dist.

HTH,
Ed
--
Ed Fletcher

"If you are not paying for it, you're not the
customer; you're the product being sold."
-- Andrew Lewis, August 26, 2010