[nSLUG] Serial drivers for Ubuntu 10.04?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Jan 31 15:01:30 AST 2013

On 01/31/2013 02:50 PM, Trina Hanson wrote:
> with Ubuntu 10.04

^^ This is probably the biggest problem in terms of people on this list
trying to help you out. Looks like that release is just a few months off
from Ubuntu terminating support for it. And official support aside, I
think you'll find many LUG members like to stay with latest versions of
things, so they tend to forget how the older releases work.

Speaking for myself, in the version of gpm included in Debian Wheezy
there is a gpm.conf created for you when gpm is installed. I'm not sure
how it was with Debian Squeeze (current stable, and soon to be
superceded by Wheezy when it releases). I just upgraded the last system
I had at home on Squeeze up to Wheezy, so I no longer have a convenient
test system for such stuff.

Ben