[nSLUG] Calc file recovery help

Jack Warkentin jwark at bellaliant.net
Tue Feb 19 16:58:56 AST 2013

Hi Trina

The info you provided about the file you lost was brief, so I am
assuming that it was a libreoffice or an openoffice spreadsheet file.

I use libreoffice myself, and have my preferences set so that backup
copies of open files are saved every 5 minutes. When files are closed,
these backup copies are not normally preserved, but if there is a crash,
they will be there. For libreoffice on my Debian system they are stored
in a directory called

$HOME/.libreoffice/3/user/backup

I hope you can find a copy of your file in some such directory on your
system.

Regards

Jack