[nSLUG] Serial drivers for Ubuntu 10.04?

Trina Hanson trina.hanson79 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:16:23 AST 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Joel Maxuel <j.maxuel at gmail.com> wrote:

> With a quick google search of `gpm-mouse-test protocol` I came across
> a man page for the program.  Under Description:
>
> "This experimental and incomplete application tries to help in
> detecting which protocol does your mouse speak. It is able to detect
> MouseMan devices, and to choose between `-t ms' (three-buttons aware)
> and `-t bare' old two-buttons-only serial mice."
>
> With this, I would try:
>
> gpm-mouse-test /dev/ttyS0 -t bare

***  When I run this command I get the same thing:

"Then, you should use the "bare" protocol on "/dev/ttyS0""

I feel like I am running in circles here.

> If it accepts that parameter but still does not work, try the other:
>
> gpm-mouse-test /dev/ttyS0 -t ms

***   When I tried that I get the following text:

"Note that this program is by no means complete, and its main role is
to detect how does the middle button work on serial mice
/dev/ttyS0: No such device
-t: No such file or directory
ms: No such file or directory
gpm-mouse-test: no devices found"

I also followed your lead and googled "gpm-mouse-test protocol" and found
the man page.  There, I was able to find a email address for the author of
the program and I have just emailed him.  I am hoping that he might have
something. :)

Cheers,
Trina