[nSLUG] Serial drivers for Ubuntu 10.04?

Trina Hanson trina.hanson79 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:40:54 AST 2013

> The man page mentions the device name as the parameter.  So
> 'gpm-mouse-test /dev/ttyS0'  may be more fruitful (and if I recall
> correctly, the program moves a pointer on the screen once the
> mouse/trackball is moved).

***  Using the command "gpm-mouse-test /dev/ttyS0" does prove to be more
fruitful, however the issue there is that after we go through all the steps
it gives me this option, which I am not sure on.

"Then, you should use the "bare" protocol on "/dev/ttyS0""

I found that bare stood for the following:

"The possible mouse types are:
 bare (Microsoft)"

The 2 things that I am unsure of is:

1.  Where do I add this option?
2.  What is the proper syntax to add this option?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions

Cheers,
Trina