[nSLUG] Looking for Linux wireless configurator

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 12:28:03 AST 2013

Thank you gentlemen, it is working as desired now.  The previously
tried wicd started working after a reboot.  The wiki didn't mention the
init.
I was only restarting my window session, and the wicd installer took
care of dbus service restarting.

The Gnome network manager is just the way I was thinking it
should work, and it is working in xfce without su, so this is just
perfect.  It even remembers a prior password for an AP.

It's been a number of years since I worked on laptops and
I expected this would have greatly improved, and it has.