[nSLUG] List of laptops known to support Linux?

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Sun Dec 8 17:31:17 AST 2013

See if the store will let you boot a Knoppix disk.  Then you can see if
everything is recognized and works before you buy it.  I've only really
had problems on laptops with the latest and greatest hardware.  Laptops
seem to use some very esoteric devices that take a while to be supported
by Linux.  So a slightly older model might work better.  And you may
also get a better deal on it.

Ed

--
Ed Fletcher

"If you are not paying for it, you're not the
customer; you're the product being sold."
-- Andrew Lewis, August 26, 2010