[nSLUG] List of laptops known to support Linux?

William Haggerty will at haggerty.co
Sun Dec 8 16:57:40 AST 2013

 From what I have seen, it is more about finding compatible hardware
than just a finished product.

There were a couple of sites that came up quickly:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/supportedhardware
http://www.linlap.com/

The later appears to be user reports of their own experience. From my
own research there are 2 things to pay attention to: Video Card and
Networking.

The best thing you can do is find a laptop that has the hardware you
really want and then see if there are drivers available for it. I know
it is convoluted, but this is the best way to my knowledge.