[nSLUG] List of laptops known to support Linux?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sun Dec 8 16:35:12 AST 2013

Does anybody maintain a list of laptop models known to work well with
recent versions of Linux?  Or anything resembling that?

I can't think of any unique key words to hand to Google, don't want to
see everything that's ever been written about "Linux" & "laptop".

And I don't want to buy a used laptop that turns out to need hours of
searching for video or datacom chipset drivers, possible download of
newer distro, hardcore tweaking etc.

- Mike

                                                           /V\