[nSLUG] Slides & VM image for Talk

Karl Vollmer vollmer at ampache.org
Mon Dec 2 21:16:39 AST 2013

Hello folks,

  Thanks for those of you who came out this evening. For those who
couldn't make it, or otherwise wanted the vm image here are the links

  Power point (some typos see if you can find them!)
  http://hpc.dal.ca/talk-dec-2013/Puppet_talk.ppt

  Virtualbox image and definition file.
  http://hpc.dal.ca/talk-dec-2013/puppet-standalone.tar

  The root PW is puppetstandalone

  For a better 'intro to puppet' you can check out their website
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/ some alternatives to puppet (that
I'm aware of) are

  CFEngine http://cfengine.com/
  Chef http://www.opscode.com/chef/

 There are also numerous "pay" solutions from vendors like
IBM/RedHat/Sun(Oracle)/Cisco I haven't used them so I can't attest to
them... also they aren't open source ;)

  The foreman's website http://theforeman.org/

... I think that's everything I said I would hand out. As always if
you have questions about implementation / features etc feel free to
ask him. I don't know how to do a lot of things in puppet, but I do
know some things :)

-Karl