[nSLUG] Next meeting: Mon Aug 12, 5:30pm at Dal

Mike Doherty doherty at cs.dal.ca
Sat Aug 10 12:06:50 ADT 2013

Hi everyone,

This is a reminder that NSLUG's next meeting is coming up on Monday
evening at 5:30pm. Instead of meeting at the usual place, we'll be at
Dalhousie's computer science building for two technical talks. The
address is 6050 University Ave, and we're in the fourth floor conference
room.

On the agenda is a live demo of some server-side security war games.
We'll be playing offence to better understand how to defend.

I'm also pleased to let you all know that our second talk will be from
Yanick Champoux, a prolific Perl author from Ottawa. He'll be joining us
remotely. Yanick will be giving an intro to the Dancer web framework,
which he maintains.

So, the plan is to have a live demo, and one talk via videoconference --
if nothing else, it may be an evening of comedy!

I hope to see you all there,
-Mike