[nSLUG] MPlayer subtitle problem

Herb Theriault herbt at theria.ca
Wed Apr 24 07:59:47 ADT 2013

Seconded on the two pass encoding. It turns out a much better image.

In my experience with aspect ratios, leaving mencoder to it's own devices usually works. In this case, HenryV is 1.85:1, not anamorphic. Usually you will notice when it's not right anyway, it will either be stretched or squished, never cropped, since that requires a separate flag.

When in doubt, IMDB the tech specs, then wiki the aspect :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097499/technical?ref_=tt_dt_spec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)

Herb