[nSLUG] Evoting - besides the point

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:34:27 ADT 2012

> I couldn't agree more, and this is never reported in the news.
> E-voting is an erosion of democracy for those with controlling
> spouses.  A bullying spouse could tell their spouse to vote a certain
> way, but once at the polls they can vote however they want.  But at
> home the controlling spouse can make them vote the way they want.

That is until bullying spouses can spy on those voting habits with
Google Glass at the physical polls.  But I think if someone is that
determined to coerce someone else to vote a certain way, they just
have to apply enough fear in hell, followed by "discipline" when the
final numbers aren't favourable to prove a point for next time.

Sorry to paint a grim picture, only playing devils advocate.  Myself,
if I was in that kind of toxic arrangement, I'd be destroying that
letter and claiming it being among the missing (or using NoScript as I
noticed it didn't accept my birth date without JavaScript if I had the
one-up for tech savvy-ess).

I do have my misgivings on the whole e-Voting process, I'll say that
(especially with the system that was chosen).  But the rationale
against given here is blown out of proportion in my option.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

 - Ronan Harris / Mark Jackson