[nSLUG] Evoting - besides the point

Doooh Head doooh_head at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:10:03 ADT 2012

I'm sorry but you guys are living in a fantasy world if you believe all those situations don't or couldn't happen outside of the evoting realm.
Perhaps, as has been suggested, as per "rituals" that we should also saddle up the horse to go into town?
Evoting may not be perfect in some of the existing implementations that exist but it represents an advancement in technology just  like online banking.  Is that also some of the "rituals" that would like to be retained here?

Perhaps if you have such oustanding ideas on the topic, maybe you should be putting your ideas forward to advance evoting and making it safe(r) instead of trying to keep the world working in a 1920's era pace by spewing how bad things are and holding everything back from advancing.

Change may not be perfect, but in most cases it is good and in some cases necessary for things to evolve. Our entire voting system barely works now, something needs to be changed if we want anything improved.