[nSLUG] Evoting Rant

Rory rory at unixism.org
Wed Oct 17 08:10:16 ADT 2012

I wish this was surprising.

Given the pool of web application devs outs there, though, it doesn't surprise me at all. I continually run into sites that cost considerable money to build (devs, consultants, etc) and are full of all the classic newbie security holes. Or that use 'encryption' to virtually zero effect.

You'd think more of us had learned a thing or two about secure development over the last decade or so.

Add to that all the complexities inherent in elections and voting, you've got a recipe for disaster.