[nSLUG] List maintenance

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:05:45 ADT 2012

Good morning Daniel,

My understanding with IMAP is that it while it keeps old messages on
the mail server (in this case GMail), it also creates a cutoff in
relation to the date of the last IMAP sync.  If the gap is November
2011 and back, it may be because IMAP was run before (with those older
messages considered already downloaded). I would suggest POP3 in this
case.  If you are looking to roast your GMail account anyway, might as
well use a protocol designed to download then delete from the service.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

<SNIP>