[nSLUG] List maintenance

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 1 23:41:13 ADT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 20:08 -0300, Joel Maxuel wrote:
> Lovely.  A NSlug site that is NSFW.  The revisions are almost endless,
> a dozen in the past four hours alone.
>
> Oh the wonderful things that get overlooked on a system from scratch.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Joel Maxuel
>

> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Daniel Morrison <draker at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There's a homepage! Whaddya know.
> > at the bottom of email.
> >
> > MediaWiki, huh. Looks like it's been cracked. Click the last link on
> > the main page (Statistics) and check out the 'most viewed pages'.
> > Number one is:
> >
> > http://nslug.ns.ca/mediawiki/index.php/MediaWiki_talk:Imagepage
> >
> > Or just hit 'random page'.
> >
> > Hmm, I take it back. It hasn't been cracked; you just don't have a
> > default edit password set!
> >
> > Anyhow, can't say I see a need for nabble, but whatever floats users'
> > boats. I'll try to get you an mbox of the past year of posts so you
> > can update pipermail.
Being a 'packrat', I seldom delete anything.  I think I have all the
posts of the past year.  I use 'Evolution' under Ubuntu, but am not sure
of any easy way to transfer the messages, other than to forward them, or
tediously save each of them to text files which could then be
transferred in some way (even by physical rather than electronic means,
if necessary).
Frank Geitzler