[nSLUG] List maintenance

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:35:45 ADT 2012

There's a homepage! Whaddya know.
I found it by removing the extras from the mailing list archives link
at the bottom of email.

MediaWiki, huh. Looks like it's been cracked. Click the last link on
the main page (Statistics) and check out the 'most viewed pages'.
Number one is:

http://nslug.ns.ca/mediawiki/index.php/MediaWiki_talk:Imagepage

Or just hit 'random page'.

Hmm, I take it back. It hasn't been cracked; you just don't have a
default edit password set!

Anyhow, can't say I see a need for nabble, but whatever floats users'
boats. I'll try to get you an mbox of the past year of posts so you
can update pipermail.

-D.

On 1 October 2012 19:01, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> On 10/01/2012 06:52 PM, Daniel Morrison wrote:
>> 1. The archives ought to be rebuildable in a single command
>> ('/usr/lib/mailman/bin/arch nslug') assuming you have all the posts in
>> an mbox in the standard location (usually
>> /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/nslug.mbox/nslug.mbox)
>
> Nope. As I said, the whole archives dir had wrong ownership. That
> included this mbox, so nothing was written to it.
>
>> 2. What the hell is nabble? Link?
>
> Linked from our home page.
>
>> 3. 101 characters is a lousy width to send email at. <80 chars please!
>
> Fixed. Sorry about that. I rarely post using this particular mail client
> and didn't notice that setting (which Thunderbird hides pretty well ...
> had to go into the advanced config editor to fix it).
>
> Ben

What is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be truth.
               -- Richard Feynman