[nSLUG] Problem with efax & USR Faxmodem

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Fri Nov 30 14:05:06 AST 2012

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Daniel AJ Sokolov wrote:

> On 2012-11-29 09:14 wrote Dop Ganger:
>> and that was a piece of DOS software called BGFax.
>
> Yeah, a DOS software programmed by a Republican running for office as
> "vote 4 BJ" - that's TOTALLY Mike's thing. :-)))

As mentioned, I imagine it would work fine under Dosbox, as it had very
minimal system requirements. I was using it at the time on a 486 DX/2 66
and a Pentium 75, as I recall.

> Thanks for the link, it lead me to some interesting history reading.
> That guy wanted to make his software open source 12 years ago, but never
> cleared the "hurdles".

That was after my time; I was using it 15-18 years ago. It was one of the
de facto packages back then for anyone running a BBS who also wanted to
send/receive faxes. He found a few bugs in the USR fax implementations
that I fixed, I always found him reasonable to deal with.

Cheers... Dop.