[nSLUG] Re: Firefox

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Nov 29 14:34:24 AST 2012

Among other helpful replies, Adam <douglass at cs.dal.ca> wrote:

> [Firefox] app.update.enabled sets whether firefox checks for new
> versions.  app.update.auto sets whether firefox performs auto
> updates.  If just turning them off is good enough for you.

That might do it. Or perhaps Joel's suggestion of Iceweasel.

I have to spend some (probably tedious) time with the site in question
[1], possibly using the "other" computer with a more recent Slackware
version, to figure out just what I need.

More when I've learned something.

Tnx all,
- Mike

[1] http://www.digital-recordings.com/product.html

    Modern, sophoticated hearing aids cost ca. $2000 and up per ear
    when electronics of even greater sophistication cost under $500.
    It irks me to contemplate paying the vanity surcharge for "they'll
    never know it's there" ultra-miniturization.  This site is run by
    a guy who knows about digital signal processing and has an
    interest in hearing problems.  Comments welcome.  Please speak up;
    you're mumbling. ;-)

                                                           /V\