[nSLUG] Firefox

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:13:10 AST 2012

Also, I do notice on the Mozilla website, that although there are no
links to older versions, you can manipulate the download URL and find
that the older versions are still hosted.  If you prefer tarballs,
this may be a better option (version 4 would probably be as low a
version you want to go as I find a lot of Google services no longer
like 3.6 - the reason why I switched to ESR in the first place).

https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-10.0&os=linux&lang=en-US
https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-4.0&os=linux&lang=en-US

The downside to this route is that you would not know if point
releases have been applied to these files - at least you know security
holes get patched in the extended support release.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

 - Ronan Harris / Mark Jackson