[nSLUG] python ide 'eric'

Jack Warkentin jwark at bellaliant.net
Wed Dec 26 16:30:27 AST 2012

Hi Frank

I just checked the Debian website for the eric package. See

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=eric&searchon=names&exact=1&suite=all&section=all

Even in the unstable release, they are only up to version 4.5.3. This
suggests that either release 4.5.7 is too buggy even to be included in
unstable, or else that no one in Debian is much interested in
maintaining that package. Why not try another one?

apt-cache search 'python ide'

yielded

dreampie - advanced graphical interactive Python shell
eric - full featured Python IDE
eric-api-files - API description files for use with eric
gecrit - simple, easy-to-use Python IDE
pida - Python Integrated Development Application, a Python IDE
python-elements - A 2D Physics API for Python
spe - Stani's Python Editor
python-spyderlib - python IDE for scientists
spyder - python IDE for scientists

from my Debian testing installation.

Regards

Jack