[nSLUG] nSLUG as incubator for personal project ideas

Douglas Guptill dguptill at accesswave.ca
Mon Dec 3 21:19:17 AST 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 08:53:43PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> We talked at the meeting a lot about the joys and frustrations of
> personal projects. We've all had little things on the side, and some of
> us slightly bigger things, that have been kicking around as ideas and
> have not yet come to fruition. I'd love to hear more about people's
> personal projects. If your project has run aground on lack of
> inspiration or some intractible technical problem, or just needs a fresh
> set of eyes, and you've got the guts to share your (perhaps half-baked)
> ideas with the group, don't be shy! Share with us, and maybe we can help
> encourage you to continue.

I have one.

filerunner was discontinued in debian squeeze.  For the lack of a
maintainer, and because 'there are many equivalents' - not my comment.
I have tried all the equivalents I can find, and found none to my
liking.

I use filerunner in place of a 'desktop'.

So my project would be to re-introduce filerunner into debian.  The
problems I see are that I have failed to grasp the intricacies of how
to interact with the debian masters.  The technical (programming)
issues I could do, easily.  So if, maybe, Ben could help with that
high level stuff, I could once again have filerunner on my systems
without having to manually install filerunner_2.5.1.orig.tar.gz

Regards,
Douglas.
--
Bold character derived from stubborn patience and adversity.