[nSLUG] Any users of horde 4/imp 5?

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 7 13:03:46 ADT 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 19:22 -0300, D G Teed wrote:
> Curious if anyone has implemented horde 4 and/or imp 5.
>
> They use only one button for reply, which somehow
> dynamically decides whether to reply to all or reply to sender.
> In actual experience with mailman lists where we have specified
> reply to sender is preferred for the mailing list,
> DIMP (within IMP) always does Reply to All.
>
> Had a long debate about this with developers and they want to
> retain the one button Reply rather than fall back to the
> conventional Reply and Reply All dual button options.

I am quite new to Ubuntu, and am not familiar with horde 4 or imp 5, but
do some Microsoft Visual Foxpro development where I use a single button
for two functions -for example, to open an interface with Microsoft
Excel, click the button; the caption changes from 'open Excel' to 'close
Excel', and a flag is checked to determine whether the function required
when the button is pushed is to open or close the interface.
Alternatively, you could right-click to either toggle a default, or to
produce a drop-down list which would enable the user to set a default
(either permanent until changed, permanent for the session, or temporary
for the one message).