[nSLUG] Re: Common mail queue filesize limit?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Wed Oct 12 16:03:20 ADT 2011

> PDFs these days can be 5 - 9 MB with very little data in them.

Even my friends who *know* I have dial-up access and who have been
admonished about sending me superfluous attachments still occasionally
send me stuff like a 2 MB image or PDF of, say, a poster advertizing
their upcoming art show rather than 1K of text.

I assume, from this that sending multi-meg PDFs, images and other low
S/N data is now commonplace and that a 10 MB mail spool would
overflow/wedge in no time if it supports more than a very few users.

FWIW,
- Mike

                                                           /V\