[nSLUG] Win8 and MS playing dirty?

Daryl 7thson.clone at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 17:10:45 AST 2011

I do think MS does have the power to try to force vendors to do what
they want. Will all the vendors bend? probably not.

As far as facebook, amazon, etc reinstalling with windows, they aren't
running on hardware designed for consumer use so I don't see them as
even being a factor in what MS is trying to do.

Even if manufacturers do what MS wants, I'm sure there are enough people
working within the Linux community that it wouldn't take long to get a
fix to whatever MS does.