[nSLUG] Thunderbird and a cloaked attachment...

David Potter dlpotter at eastlink.ca
Wed Nov 2 06:39:03 ADT 2011

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 with all current updates and Thunderbird 1.0.1.
which is current.

About a week ago I received an important email with a moderate size pdf
attachment that rendered and printed ok. I went back to check the
document a couple of days ago and could not find the attachment in any
of the messages that referenced the file/topic.

Yesterday I finally used Thunderbird to display the message source and
'lo and behold' the attachment is there in the message but not displayed
in the attachment list by Thunderbird.

I went back to the manual tools and used uudeview to 'recover' the
attachment.

David