[nSLUG] Grub2 device map, was debian squeeze dual boot issues

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Fri Jun 10 11:22:20 ADT 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 09:48:44AM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> or possibly by UUID:
>
> (hd0)   /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD10EADS-00M2B0_WD-WCAV51636702

The grub device map is a good place to look if you have multiple HD
controllers and boot issues. The bios and my kernel don't agree on the
order of SATA and RAID drives. I spent a good day trying to figure out
why grub.cfg was wrong and I couldn't boot. Adjusting
/boot/grub/device.map by hand made all the problems go away.

--
sg