[nSLUG] Additional Tuesday meetings in the fall?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Jul 26 16:59:33 ADT 2011

On 07/26/2011 07:58 AM, Richard Bonner wrote:
> ***   I believe that may split the membership too much. I can attend the
> first Monday or Tuesday except during my busy season in the spring.
> What about the first Wednesday of every month? How many can meet on that
> day?

I'm not so worried about splitting the membership. There is already a
split: those who can make it to a meeting and those who never can. It's
not like we need to all be together at once for any purpose anyway --
our meetings are always very free-form; when attendance is high, people
tend to congregate at this or that end of the tables having different
conversations at once.

If you're thinking it will drain people away from Tuesday night to
attend on Monday instead, maybe there will be isolated cases of this,
but really I think the group will gain more momentum on the new
schedule, bolstering even the Tuesday attendance due to a swelling of
our ranks overall.

Ben