[nSLUG] Parts Giveaway

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:59:45 ADT 2011

I have an upcoming trip to the ACES drop-off centre but I thought I'd see if
some of it is freecycle-able first.

The major item is an IBM ThinkPad 600X.  Considering it's issues -
trackpoint unusable, battery does not charge (I read some time back this
model line has problems with the charger becoming unsoldered from the power
supply) and CMOS battery dead as well (means BIOS has to be configured every
hard boot) I can break this up into components.  This includes:

12GB hard drive
64MB PC100 memory modules (2)
CD-ROM and Floppy (FDD can mount into CD slot or as a side accessory, also
available)
16V power adapter

Doubtful anyone would want the entire unit, but it is an option.

If anyone is interested, please reply to the mail-list.  I'll take a look at
the datestamps on the Mailman archive to see who the lucky winner(s)
is/are.  Looks like we will be meeting on the 8th, so I can bring the parts
then or arrange something ahead of time.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel