[nSLUG] Reschedule next meeting to not fall on Natal Day?

Michael Gillie mikegpc at hemmysoft.com
Thu Jul 21 17:15:27 ADT 2011

In regards to this whole "Doodle" conversation, I have to add my minute web
developer's 2 cents worth.

First of all, we come to rely on eye candy so much, that we aren't
considering the visually disabled. Sites look great to the average,
uninhibited individual. It's the irresponsible coders that aren't using
proper syntax, or using the correct tags when needed. Below all the "pretty
colours", we need to remember to keep the framework basic and clean.

Secondly, some people can not afford, do not want to pay for, or absolutely
detest anything they deem to be outside their personal requirements. This is
not a hateful comment, just a casual observation. For example, some of us
choose linux because we want control. Some of us want more control than
others. Some want less. Others of us opt more for the other open source
options available, such as DOS. We all have personal needs, requirements and
tastes. What works for one person, may be completely unreasonable for
another.

I'm not saying to disregard the way a site looks and appeals to the eye. I'm
also not saying we have excuses for not making our web sites accessible. In
today's society, the developers need to consider all sides, and meet the
needs of the user.

That's it for now.

Michael