[nSLUG] Re: Reschedule next meeting to not fall on Natal Day?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Jul 21 14:31:24 ADT 2011

I didn't vote. It would be poor form for me to influence a choice when
I'm unlikely to get to the meet anyhow.

But as an aside re the squib quoted from doodle.com:

     Modern websites and modern browsers heavily rely on
     Javascript. In order to provide the best possible user experience
     there is no way around using Javascript.

Someone (who, me? :-) should write a paper deconstructing the notion
of providing "best possible user experience".  The notion of the
engineered user experience is a semantic can of worms. Forty or so
years ago, Disneyland was the iconic example of engineered experience,
the subject of both effulgent encomia and derisive scorn.  Now the web
makes Disneyland's efforts look, well, you know, Mickey Mouse.

But I'll stop here.  I've been reproved before for tendentious
rants and the subject deserves more than stichomythic analysis.

As ever,
- Joseph King, Epist. Eng.

--
Q: Say, are you Joe King?