[nSLUG] Distribution to try for long time Mac user

Gerald linux at zdoit.airpost.net
Sat Jan 15 09:36:35 AST 2011

Hi,

My wife has been a Mac user for a very long time. She is open to trying
Linux and I am wondering what distribution to try. I expect I will have
just one chance.

My use has been with CentOS and Ubuntu. Some years ago I used Mandrake.

The computer I have to try it on is X86 64 bit. Her primary use at home
is web, email and writing. Firefox will be a good substitute for Safari.
Not sure about what to suggest instead of Entourage (which she doesn't
like, but is supported at her work) for email. I think OpenOffice will
be able to write files compatible with Microsoft Word.

Thanks

--
Gerald