[nSLUG] Re: rsync questions

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Fri Feb 25 00:48:28 AST 2011

me> My DLink 713P router claims to support 100Mbps but doesn't. I have
me> to force 100Mbps NICs in the computers to 10Mbps with ethtool

dm> Buy or mooch a cheap 100Mbit switch, move all you equipment to
dm> that, and run just one patch from the switch to the router for
dm> Internet and printing.

Um.....why didn't I think of that?  Well, when the present router's
wireless fails (an apparent weakness of this model) that's what I'll
do.   One more thing to plug into my already overcrowded power
bars.

- Mike

                                                           /V\