[nSLUG] KDE 3.x on Squeeze - Trinity anyone?

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 23:57:42 AST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Ted Tibbetts <intuited at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, I would have expected there to be an option somewhere in the
> GNOME preferences for this, probably in the Desktop applet.  These people
> seem to think it's possible, unless I've misunderstood the point entirely,
> or it's an ubuntu-specific enhancement (which seems unlikely):

Thanks, this works for gnome.

It isn't obvious where this is.  In the bottom left corner of the screen,
you've got the widget to "hide all windows and show the desktop".
To the right of that, before your first open task, is three vertical dots.
Right click on this small region and it has "Preferences" as an option.
Now I select "Always group windows".  That is exactly what I wanted.
Unbelievable they bury this and don't include it in the Gnome Control Panel.

Thanks again.  One less problem...

--Donald