[nSLUG] KDE 3.x on Squeeze - Trinity anyone?

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:13:46 AST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Oliver Doepner <odoepner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use Debian Lenny with KDE 3 on my laptop. I do not want to use KDE 4.
> But I'd like to upgrade to Squeeze.
>
> Does anyone have experience with the Trinity "fork" of KDE 3 and how well
> it
> works on Squeeze?
> See http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/
>
> Thanks
> Oliver

Holy crap, I just updated my KDE based desktop to squeeze and I see what you
mean.
KDE4 is a piece of shit.  At least for a user like me who wants to quickly
add new customized launchers, move app launchers to the panel, etc.

It was working before in KDE3 so I've no idea why they reworked it to the
point
it is this useless.  They seem to be aiming at some Windows 7 or Mac OS X
UI experience as a target and getting it all screwed up.

I think I can work with gnome if I can just find my terminal sessions.
Under KDE3 the kconsoles would stack on the panel bar and I could
pick out the one I wanted of 50+ which were running.  Anyone know
how I can do the same on gnome?  Otherwise, is there an alternative
for finding a console among many quickly.

--Donald