[nSLUG] PVR systems

Robin Murray nibor.yarrum at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:54:44 AST 2011

Wow, how long has it been since you've installed MythTV?

I started with Kubuntu Breezy, and installation was extremely complex, with
a very steep learning curve. The latest distros have made the process easier
by orders of magnitude, essentially just apt-get install's and answer a few
questions, then define your inputs and channels at schedulesdirect, and
Bob's your uncle.

My system would run for months and months with 0 issues, it just hummed. The
remote worked fine. It's been used by kids of all ages and non-technical
spouses, and rather than being turned off or frustrated by it, they never
want to go back to regular TV again. This in itself speaks volumes.

Saying the mythtv community is rude is a generality. Like most other groups,
the vast majority are great, with a few assholes sprinkled in.

--
Robin Murray
Hatchet Lake,