[nSLUG] Inventory/history/log of installed software/packages

Daniel Arndt danielarndt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:15:16 ADT 2011

Hi Frank

The files in /var/log may be what you're looking for. Specifically,
/var/log/apt/history.log (and /var/log/apt/history.log.1.gz ..etc) . I'd
recommend looking through all of them since there may be other ones you find
useful. I'm not quite sure what you expect to find in these, however..

If there is a problem booting up the desktop, it is likely your most useful
log is going to be /var/log/Xorg.0.log

In regards to copying the .evolution folder over, this should be fine. I
can't think of any off the top of my head that would throw a fuss, and it is
likely if it did, it would tell you why.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Arndt

http://web.cs.dal.ca/~darndt/