[nSLUG] tarball extract failing

Daniel Arndt danielarndt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:56:34 ADT 2011

Have you tried extracting specific files (something along the lines of
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-extracting-specific-files/) rather
than attempting the whole tgz? Perhaps if you avoid the Library directory
(or just extracting the exact file you want) you'll have some luck.
Unfortunately, since it is compressed, if there is corruption in the Library
directory it may (likely) cause corruption in other parts as well..
--
Daniel Arndt

http://web.cs.dal.ca/~darndt/