[nSLUG] HP Touchpad Linux

Cliff Cameron treephrog at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 17:28:55 ADT 2011

I spent the better part of the afternoon checking around HRM for one. All
gone. The stores were apparently notified via email at 6 PM on Friday.
Shortly after that, someone called the Staples in Bayer's Lake and bought
all 22 they had in stock, including the floor/demo unit. The best lead I had
was someone at Staples suggested I call HP Invent and see if they have any
inventory left.

If anyone manages to land any of these, I'm looking for two, a 16 GB and a
32 GB if possible.

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 2:24 AM, Daniel Arndt <danielarndt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also ordered one of these from the Staples website. I hope it actually
> works out :)
>
> --
> Daniel Arndt
>
> http://web.cs.dal.ca/~darndt/
>

> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 02:09, Nancy <nancy at esnesnon.com> wrote:
>
>> The Staples website seems to be accepting online orders for the HP
>> TouchPad. It let me process an order and didn't say that it was Sold Out.
>> We'll see…
>> -n-
>>

>> On 2011-08-20, at 9:51 PM, David Potter wrote:
>>

>> I was told the manufacturer is direct shipping them to the stores and
>> individual stores have no idea how many, when or what models will arrive.
>>
>> David
>>
>> On 11-08-20 07:07 PM, Michael Gillie wrote:
>>
>> Why even advertise a sale, if there are none to be had???
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Nancy <nancy at esnesnon.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It would appear that they are sold out *everywhere*. The guy at FS told
>>> me that they have been offering employees that price for at least a week
>>> (maybe longer). There's none to be had in NS, PEI, and the greater Ottawa
>>> area.
>>> -n-

>>> for $99 16G and $149 32G. That's $300 and $350 savings.

"Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus."
+++
"Carpe Noctem."