[nSLUG] Poll: proposed alternate dates for Sept. 2011 meeting

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Aug 21 17:01:46 ADT 2011

On 21/08/11 03:43 PM, Mike Spencer wrote:
> You can select one of 4 options with HTML radio buttons.  But there's
> no caption panel to tell you what the two marks (check-mark and
> fat-crayon-X) mean.  So one has to infer the correct meaning and,
> later, assume that evenybody makes the same inference.  Am I being
> clueless here?  Or just just geeky?  Or acutely observant?

That's a valid criticism. But it's also a bit cosmetic and not something
I'd count as a vote against using this software for future polls.

> Another observation is that the time hacks are apparently in Euro time
> since I'm reading this at 1530 ADT and the earliest existing vote is
> stamped 1717 [no zone given].  Probably doesn't make any difference
> unless there were a deadline for voting on something.

Yup. First, if we hosted our own polls on the nSLUG server, this problem
would be solved for us. Second, Dudle does seem to be lacking in
timezone support. That's a feature I would like to see in a future
release (and have therefore voted for) as some meetings I would like to
schedule are irc meetings with participants in multiple timezones.

> And BTW, are check-mark anmd sloppy-X official UTF glyphs?

Sure. According to gucharmap:

✘ = U+2718 HEAVY BALLOT X
✔ = U+2714 HEAVY CHECK MARK

Ben