[nSLUG] Need to borrow

Jack Warkentin jwark at eastlink.ca
Tue Apr 26 17:43:27 ADT 2011

Hi Kirk

Can you go into the bios setup and set things up so that the machine
always tries to boot first from the CD drive? Then you should be able to
boot with the hard disk in place. If you then boot from a live CD (see,
for example, http://www.sysresccd.org/) you should be able to fix the
hard disk in situ, using, for example, tools that recover partition tables.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jack