[nSLUG] linux in the (Windows) computer lab

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 20:46:42 ADT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM, JD Trevors <jeff.trevors at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any chance to introduce Linux to people is a good thing.   Work or play.

Two of my "mission critical" apps (NASA SeaDAS and sagemath) provide
"windows" versions using linux VM's.   Now that you can run a 64-bit
linux in a VM under 32-bit
WIndows XP I suspect we will see many more apps moving to VM's as they outgrow
32-bit and need a way to fit into the large enterprise's that are
stuck with 32-bit Win XP.